The Office of Career Services is Howard University’s official career services office charged with a mandate to deliver career programs and services that augment classroom instruction to produce career-ready graduates who are equipped to transition, with ease, from school to the world of work.
Adhering to Howard University’s core values of excellence, leadership, service, and truth, the Office of Career Services (OCS) provides dynamic programs and services that educate and empower students and alumni to chart successful career paths with skill and confidence. Through innovative partnerships with global employers, the Office of Career Services uses a didactic approach to career and life planning that encourages constituent job seekers to be proactive, purposeful and persistent in their pursuit of success by engaging in career development activities that will equip them to make the transition from school to work as industry trailblazers and global leaders. Our goal is:
- To facilitate the holistic development of Howard University students and alumni as they navigate the lifelong process of exploring, accessing, and managing successful careers.
- To equip students with the requisite tools to successfully matriculate and embark upon a career search campaign with skill and confidence.
- To provide students and alumni with direct access to career opportunities through Career Fairs, On-Campus Recruitment Interviews, website information and linkages, employer information sessions, workshops, and coordination of various networking activities.
- To deliver effective career development training programs to educate students on modern career development issues, challenges, and advancement strategies.
- To develop and manage quality working relationships with student organizations, corporate partners, academic institutions, alumni, and faculty, that support OCS’s mission in the mutual satisfaction of the needs of all constituents.